Wednesday

How to understand English contractions?

Student: Freddy
Country: USA

Hi, I watched your videos on youtube, I am interested on your lessons. I understood all you talked in your videos, you have a good pronunciation, I mean you are very formal. I am working here in washington DC, sometimes I do not understand to my boss, I am afraid of lossing my job due to this, I think he is always talking with contractions, he is from Italy, do you have a device for this?. What I would ask you is if you have a method for understading this contractions, pelase email me if you have a method.


Grant Teacher's Answer:

Freddy,
this should help you understand contractions better:

How to Speak Like a Real American:
http://english-teacher-grant.blogspot.com/search/label/Speak%20Like%20A%20Real%20American

and:
http://www.pronuncian.com/materials/podcasts/Episode_13.aspx

Have a nice day,
Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Grant Teacher

Ask An English Question
or email your question to:
EnglishTeacherGrant.post@blogger.com

ex:
Student Question:
"What does the slang phrase 'rolling in dough' mean?

Student's Name: Teddy
Student's Country: China
___________________ ________________________________________