1. a background check /a backgrounder We did a background check on him. He's clean. No prison record, outstanding warrants, that kind of stuff.
2. a ballpark figure Just give me the ballpark figure for the project, I don't need it down to the exact cent.
3. a big deal /a really big deal "So I blew my curfew, big deal," said the teenager.
4. a bitter pill After their winning streak, and intensive training schedule, the team's defeat was a bitter pill to swallow.
5. a box office hit/a blockbuster The movie was a great success, a box office hit.
6. a blockbuster. a breadwinner As the main wage earner, he is the breadwinner of the household.
Homework: write a simple definition of the vocabulary we learned today.